Saturday, April 7, 2007

The next night [19th PM]

[Note: this has since become one of my favorite books, I've read it 3 times now]

Just finished Blood Meridianby Cormac McCarthy. Possibly the most violent book I've ever read. I followed the ostensible storyline, but the end left me wondering. I'm not closed. I allowed this book to open gaping wounds and vents in my psyche, then it lost me.

I may read it over again, but I don't know that I would learn anything. I feel I may have been too fast in reading it. I finished it in one day; a long day, albeit; but one day. I skipped over his ramblings when I wasn't in the mood, writing them off as theatric. Maybe that was it.

Or maybe it wasn't meant to be understood directly. I want to consult with someone on this.

I'll let synchronicity take me to my next learning.

[Another note: I read it again over the next two days, and it sat much better with me on that reading. I had been pushing it too hard.]

No comments: