Wednesday, June 6, 2007

July 20th, 10 min writing practice

"Giving Voice to the Sweetheart" writing practice

[Ok, there has been a lot in this journal that was embarrassing to post, but this has got to take the cake. Whatever, I said I'd stop complaining about that aspect of this blog, but man... I'll just continue to write it off as an anthropological exercise.]

You really are living a writer's life. You live alone, in a fire Tower, with mountains; you look up words in the dictionary, you read voraciously and choose your books carefully, you are cultivating your mind with both words, whimsy, and discipline. You meditate. You spend lots of undisciplined, useful time "musing." Lately, you've been writing spontaneously and this could be very good for publication, especially the "Go Tell it On the Mountain" book. You can take these spontaneous essay fragments and pull together a lucid, readable essay piece.

You are an imagist -- as Jacob L. Said. You are one of the people that Ross feels has the most promise as a writer. You write a lot -- face it. Look at how many pages you've cranked out since you've been up in the tower, *at least* 120 - 150 pages in in 2 months? That's great. Who cares if you sent most of it off, your pen is moving across paper -- good job!

[next embarrassing installment, what she looks like and where she lives]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Morning and thanks for visiting my blog. I love your writing!

When I was young I had friends who did fire watch from a lookout near Bridge, Oregon. I always thought I would love to do that but I was afraid of the dark :)

I read a few of your things. I love the eyes of cows. Your sense of humor comes over very well :)

Good to see a fellow Oregonian's blog.

Bpaul said...

OMG a visitor! I'm glad you found some posts you like, these journals are pretty out there sometimes, so I wonder.

I'll see you in the blogosphere.

Bp