Saturday, March 8, 2008

Conceiving of a play part 1, (and starting this blog up again )

July 22nd:

Wouldn't it be great to do a play, one man, of William Everson.Some of those lines he had against his detractors would be perfect! ("Listen son, it's like a joke -- if you don't get it -- you never will) paraphrase.

His bear-claw necklace - etc.

You could use people in the audience, actors, to heckle & ask questions. Break up the audience/stage barrier.

I'd need to work with Lee Bartlett. He's at UC Davis I think, where I'm applying anyways... interesting.

----

Lee Bartlett is now at University of New Mexico -- pursue B. pursue!

----

Notes, collaborators: Studio Z collective -- Lane Savadove & EgoPo. The Daring Young Theater Ensemble -- the arts space too, they've invited me to join up again if I return to San Fran.

Also, John White in Austin Texas, the Shakespeare guy -- such a great director and actor, him too.

[to be continued]

No comments: